Our Advantage #4May 23, 2021
#4 – What’s Ailing You?
1 Corinthians 12:7 (ESV)
7 To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
If you know Jesus, you are gifted by the power of the Spirit to and and to everyone else in this local church.
1 Corinthians 12:12–26 (ESV)
12 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.
14 For the body does not consist of one member but of many. 15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body.
17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the sense of hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell? 18 But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose. 19 If all were a single member, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, yet one body.
21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor,
and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty, 24 which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, 25 that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. 26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice
is found in Diversity!
is found in Unity!
We are into a relationship with one another through the power of the Holy Spirit
- all this diversity is made ONE in and through outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
- We must the commands of Jesus to operate perfectly as one.
1. Feeling of and
- If you are not like else, you are useless.
2. Feeling of
- Without of parts working together there is no “Body” – there is no church.
- The feeling of uselessness or insufficiency is a
If we say we are useless, we not only say no to the of the body, but worse, we say no to [who apportions and empowers as He wills].
- We don’t get to or the value of a part of the body based on what we might see on the
- God’s aim in this is simply that there be no in the church based on who has what gift!
- God’s desire is that members of a local body equally one for another.
- Each part should for and to every other part.