Our Advantage #3May 16, 2021
#3 – Miraculous Gifts: Faith, Healings and Miracles
James 1:22–25 (ESV)
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
2 Timothy 3:17 (ESV)
17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
- Be (1 Cor. 12:1)
- the Higher Gifts (1 Cor. 12:31)
- Strive to (1 Cor 14:12)
1 Corinthians 14:12 (ESV)
12 So with yourselves, since you are eager for manifestations of the Spirit, strive to excel in building up the church.
- Our in these gifts is for the common good – for building up the church.
- We can’t be the church God has called us to be unless we are all to be filled and fueled by the Spirit and in building one another up.
1 Corinthians 12:7–11 (ESV)
7 To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 8 For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.
Charismatic faith appears to be a and surge of confidence which rises within a person in a particular situation of need of challenge and gives extraordinary certainty and assurance that God is about to act.
- The Gifts of Healings is better to view as being subject to the will of not the will of
- As God’s Church and people we have to be ready to with those who need healing and in faith for healing.
I believe that the gifts of healings and miracles (as well as all gifts) are for the Church today — for Vantage Point and for the carrying out of the mission of the Church in the world today.
- in awe of God who gave us the Spirit and wants to use us to be a part of building His Church
- are not the main thing. is the main thing.
- seek these gifts.