Our Advantage #2 – Revelatory GiftsMay 9, 2021
Our Advantage: Life in the Spirit
#2 – Revelatory Gifts for the Common Good
Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
- We have to be ready to know how take these words and hold them against the Word of God.
- Revelatory gifts don’t make or discredit the Word of God, it makes it the Bible more as our filter and guide of that which is being spoken.
The way we any “word from God” is THE WORD OF GOD!
1 Corinthians 12:4–11 (ESV)
4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; 5 and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; 6 and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. 7 To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
8 For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
11 All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.
Words of and Word of
- Christ’s inseparable during his earthly ministry as a true was the Holy Spirit.
Discerning of to another the ability to distinguish between spirits
Practical guidelines for moving forward:
(1) and from the outset that you can do nothing to force God’s hand.
(2) Make this a specific and consistent focus of your
(3) Monitor your heart‟s
(4) Learn from who are already operating in revelatory gifts.
(5) Learn the many ways in which God
(6) Immerse yourself in God’s
(7) Be to the Spirit of God.
(8) If you think God has revealed something to you for the edification of another, first share it in confidence with and Christian friends who can help you process what has happened.
(9) Be willing to risk being wrong.
(10) Certain things to avoid:
- Be careful about sharing or words (1 Cor. 14:3);
- Don‟t assume that every random that passes through your brain is from God;
- Don‟t rely on revelatory gifts to make decisions in life.