Wrestling With God
September 26, 2020
Wrestling with God
A. Genesis 32:11-12 (NIV) 11“Save me, I pray, from the hand of my brother Esau, for I am afraid he will come and attack me, and also the mothers with their children. 12But you have said, ‘I will surely make you prosper and will make your descendants like the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted.’”
B. Jacob wrestles with God
1. Genesis 32:22-32 (NIV)
II. How to Wrestle Well
1. is the point of !
2. Psalm 139:23-24 (NIV) 23Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
1. Genesis 32:26 (NIV) Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.” But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”
A. When we with God, we are .
1. Genesis 32:27-28 (NIV) 27The man asked him, “What is your name?” “Jacob,” he answered. 28Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”
2. “Transforming ordinary people into extraordinary followers of Christ.”
3. Romans 12:1-2 (NIV) 1Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.