Why Isn’t Life Fair?October 31, 2020
Solutions to Life’s Questions
Why Isn’t Life Fair?
A. Ecclesiastes 4:1a (NLT) Again, I observed all the oppression that takes place under the sun. I saw the tears of the oppressed, with no one to comfort them.
B. Why doesn’t do something about the of life?
II. Life Is Unfair!
A. Criminals go .
1. Ecclesiastes 8:11 (NLT) When a crime is not punished, people feel it is safe to do wrong.
B. The oppressed are not .
1. Ecclesiastes 4:1 (NLT) Again I observed all the oppression that takes place in our world. I saw the tears of the oppressed, with no one to comfort them. The oppressors have great power, and the victims are helpless.
C. The wrong people !
1. Ecclesiastes 8:14 (NLT) In this life, good people are often treated as though they were wicked, and wicked people are often treated as though they were good. This is so meaningless!
D. The “good guy” doesn’t always .
1. Ecclesiastes 9:11 (NLT) I have observed something else in this world of ours. The fastest runner doesn’t always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn’t always win the battle. The wise are often poor, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don’t always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being at the right place at the right time.
III. Why Does God Allow Injustice in the World?
A. Because God gives us the .
1. Genesis 1:26a (NAS) Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness.”
2. With choice comes !
3. God could easily take away all the injustices in life just by taking away our to injustices!
B. Because is coming one day.
1. Ecclesiastes 3:17 (NLT) I said to myself, “In due season God will judge everyone, both good and bad, for all their deeds.”
2. is not the end of the story!
C. God wants to show us we need a .
1. Ecclesiastes 7:20 (NLT) There is not a single person in all the earth who is always good and never sins.
2. The reason why the world is unjust is because it’s of unjust people!
3. Ecclesiastes 3:18 (NLT) Then I realized that God allows people to continue in their sinful ways so he can test them. That way, they can see for themselves that they are no better than animals.
4. Romans 3:23 (NAS) For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
a. You and I need a , not !
D. Because can develop .
1. Romans 5:3-5 (NAS) 3And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
IV. What Do You Do When Life Is Unfair?
A. life being unfair as a of life.
1. John 16:33b (NAS) “In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”
2. You cannot control the in your life, but you can control your to them.
B. Do the anyway.
1. Isaiah 1:17 (NAS) Learn to do good; seek justice, reprove the ruthless; defend the orphan, plead for the widow.
2. Proverbs 29:7 (NAS) The righteous is concerned for the rights of the poor, the wicked does not understand such concern.
3. Romans 12:17a (NAS) Never pay back evil for evil to anyone.
C. Wait for .
1. II Corinthians 4:17 (NAS) For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison.
V. How Do I Get These Rewards?
A. Admit that you’re as as anybody else.
1. I John 1:9 (NAS) If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
B. Let settle the score in your life.
1. Romans 12:21 (NAS) Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
C. When an injustice is happening to you, remember these 4 things:
1. God has your best at heart.
2. God has given you the freedom of , to choose good or bad.
3. You will be one day for what you choose.
4. If you respond in the way, you will be rewarded for it one day.
D. Regardless of what is taking place around you right now, regardless of what your life looks like at this very moment, is still in , and has your best interests at heart!