Why Is Sharing My Faith Important?December 18, 2021
Why Is Sharing My Faith Important?
A. I do believe all of us can in this and really how to share our faith better, regardless of our background, our personality, or our temperament!
B. We can share our faith, and do it , if we just understand a few things.
II. Why Is Sharing My Faith So Important?
A. Because loves people!
1. John 3:16 (NAS) “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”
B. Because of God’s in life.
1. II Kings 6:24-29 (NLT) 24Some time later, however, King Ben-hadad of Aram mustered his entire army and besieged Samaria 25As a result, there was a great famine in the city. The siege lasted so long that a donkey’s head sold for eighty pieces of silver, and a cup of dove’s dung sold for five pieces of silver. 26One day as the king of Israel was walking along the wall of the city, a woman called to him, “Please help me, my lord the king!” 27He answered, “If the LORD doesn’t help you, what can I do? I have neither food from the threshing floor nor wine from the press to give you.” 28But then the king asked, “What is the matter?” She replied, “This woman said to me: ‘Come on, let’s eat your son today, then we will eat my son tomorrow.’ 29So we cooked my son and ate him. Then the next day I said to her, ‘Kill your son so we can eat him,’ but she has hidden her son.”
II Kings 7:3-10 (NLT) 3Now there were four men with leprosy sitting at the entrance of the city gates. “Why should we sit here waiting to die?” they asked each other. 4“We will starve if we stay here, but with the famine in the city, we will starve if we go back there. So we might as well go out and surrender to the Aramean army. If they let us live, so much the better. But if they kill us, we would have died anyway.” 5So at twilight they set out for the camp of the Arameans. But when they came to the edge of the camp, no one was there! 6For the Lord had caused the Aramean army to hear the clatter of speeding chariots and the galloping of horses and the sounds of a great army approaching. “The king of Israel has hired the Hittites and Egyptians to attack us!” they cried to one another. 7So they panicked and ran into the night, abandoning their tents, horses, donkeys, and everything else, as they fled for their lives. 8When the lepers arrived at the edge of the camp, they went into one tent after another, eating and drinking wine; and they carried off silver and gold and clothing and hid it. 9Finally, they said to each other, “This is not right. This is a day of good news, and we aren’t sharing it with anyone! If we wait until morning, some calamity will certainly fall upon us. Come on, let’s go back and tell the people at the palace.” 10So they went back to the city and told the gatekeepers what had happened. “We went out to the Aramean camp,” they said, “and no one was there! The horses and donkeys were tethered and the tents were all in order, but there wasn’t a single person around!”
3. was an unthinkable at this point for these guys!
4. One of the most effective ways to always be ready to share your faith is by managing your in such a way that you always stay mindful of your in Christ!
5. Don’t forget that Satan will do everything in his power to convince you – – as a follower of Jesus – – that you are a “ .”
6. Two matters of self-management.
a. God regularly.
b. what God says about in His Word.
C. Because it’s an to be by God.
1. Acts 1:8 (NAS) “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
2. are part of God’s plan to reach a lost world, with your personality, your gifts, talents, vocation, etc.
3. I’ve found my effectiveness as an “agent of God” is almost always dependent on my to God !
D. Because of the reality of .
1. Jesus knew where people were going if they didn’t surrender their life to Him! And that Him!
2. Christianity is the greatest way to , and the way to !
3. We can never forget that the stakes are when we’re talking about the souls of men and women!
E. Because of the of leading somebody to Christ!