What Values Am I Going to Live By?July 17, 2021
Keys to a Successful Life
What Values Am I Going to Live By?
A. Your values are your that shape everything you do in life!
B. Your beliefs determine your , and your behavior determines what you !
C. If you want to build a life of success and significance, you must build it on !
II. What Is the Cause of the Moral Decline in Our Society?
B. Three destructive philosophies that have replaced truth in our society
a. Judges 21:25 (NAS) In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.
a. “God is !”
a. “No ”
4. In today’s society, because of individualism, and secularism, and relativism, the highest value in our society is .
C. Ephesians 4:17-19 (NLT) 17With the Lord’s authority let me say this: Live no longer as the ungodly do, for they are hopelessly confused. 18Their closed minds are full of darkness; they are far away from the life of God because they have shut their minds and hardened their hearts against him. 19They don’t care anymore about right and wrong, and they have given themselves over to immoral ways. Their lives are filled with all kinds of impurity and greed.
III. What Is the Cost of Not Having Biblical Values as Our Standard?
A. Our culture is !
1. Proverbs 29:18a (NLT) When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild.
2. Isaiah 5:20-21 (NLT) 20What sorrow for those who say that evil is good and good is evil, that dark is light and light is dark, that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter. 21What sorrow for those who are wise in their own eyes and think themselves so clever.
3. “How can I live a life of in a world that can’t even decide what’s right and wrong?”
IV. What Is the Cure to All of This?
A. Build or rebuild the foundation of your life on and on what says!
1. II Timothy 3:16-17 (NAS) 16All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
2. Psalm 119:105 (NAS) Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
3. “Whose am I going to to live by?”
4. Three choices to base my decisions on:
The standard I am choosing
to base my life on is