What Is the Meaning of Life?October 17, 2020
Solutions to Life’s Questions
What Is the Meaning of Life?
II. What Happens When You Don’t Know the Meaning of Life?
A. Life seems .
1. Ecclesiastes 1:2-4 (NLT) 2“Everything is meaningless,” says the Teacher, “utterly meaningless!” 3What do people get for all their hard work? 4Generations come and go, but nothing really changes.
B. Life seems .
1. Ecclesiastes 1:7-8a (NLT) 7The rivers run into the sea, but the sea is never full. Then the water returns again to the rivers and flows again to the sea. 8Everything is so weary and tiresome!
C. Life seems .
1. Ecclesiastes 1:9 (NLT) History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new.
D. Life seems .
1. Ecclesiastes 1:11 (NLT) We don’t remember what happened in those former times. And in future generations, no one will remember what we are doing now.
III. What Do You Do When You Don’t Know the Meaning of Life?
A. You can try to some kind of meaning.
1. We are created to have something at the of our life!
B. You can try to from life.
1. is the tenth largest killer of people in America, and the third largest killer of !
C. You can discover what the of life is.
IV. Four Things God Wants Me to Do With My Life That Make Up the Meaning of Life
A. I have to get to .
1. You establish a relationship with God the same way you do with other .
2. John 1:12 (NAS) But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.
B. I have to become .
1. God wants to use that happens in your life to build in you foreternity!
2. Romans 8:28 (NAS) And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
3. “Doesn’t God want me to be happy?” Yes, He does! But not at the expense of preparing you for !
4. The character you build , you’ll enjoy for the rest of !
C. I have to practice .
1. Ephesians 2:10 (NAS) For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
2. Mark 8:34-36 (NAS) 34“If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. 35For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. 36For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?”
D. I have to life’s with other people.
1. II Corinthians 5:19 (NLT) For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. This is the wonderful message he has given us to tell others.
2. At VCNP, we’re committed to helping you prepare for eternity, so when you get to the , you’ll know the !
3. II Corinthians 5:10 (NLT) For we must all stand before Christ to be judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the good or evil we have done in this earthly body.
4. The use of your life is to invest it in something that will it!
5. You will live forever in in one of places.
a. John 14:6 (NAS) “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”