What Happens After I Die?November 7, 2020
Solutions to Life’s Questions
What Happens After I Die?
A. Hebrews 9:27 (NAS) It is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment.
II. Three Ways We Can Look at Death
A. From a merely viewpoint
1. Death is .
a. Ecclesiastes 2:16a (NLT) For the wise person and the fool both die.
2. Death is just .
a. Ecclesiastes 3:19 (NLT) For humans and animals both breathe the same air, and both die. So people have no real advantage over the animals. How meaningless!
3. Death is hard to .
a. Ecclesiastes 3:22 (NLT) So I saw that there is nothing better for people than to be happy in their work. That is why they are here! No one will bring them back from death to enjoy life in the future.
4. Death is the .
a. Ecclesiastes 9:5 (NLT) The living at least know they will die, but the dead know nothing. They have no further reward, nor are they remembered.
B. From a viewpoint
1. Every culture has said there has to be something .
2. Ecclesiastes 3:11a (NAS) God has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart.
C. From .
1. Jesus Christ is perfectly to talk to us about death! Why? Because He and came back from death to tell us what happens after we die!
III. What Happens After I Die?
A. We immediately suffer or enjoy the of what we’ve here on earth, for all of eternity!
1. Hebrews 9:27-28 (NLT) 7And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment,28so also Christ died once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people.
2. That’s the greatest news ever! It’s also the greatest news ever!
3. II Thessalonians 1:7b-8 (NLT) 7bHe will come with his mighty angels, 8in flaming fire, bringing judgment on those who don’t know God and on those who refuse to obey the Good News of our Lord Jesus.
B. What does the Bible say about hell?
1. It’s a place of incredible !
i. “Hell is nothing but yourself for all eternity.” (C.S. Lewis)
2. God does not to go to hell!
a. II Peter 3:9 (NAS) The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
b. People go to hell because they to.
3. You don’t make your choice about heaven and hell when you get there! You’re making your choice about heaven and hell and on this earth!
4. John 1:12 (NAS) But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.
C. What does the Bible say about heaven?
1. “Earth has no sorrows that heaven can’t heal.” (Thomas Moore, Irish biographer in 18th century (1779-1852))
2. Revelation 21:3-4 (NLT) 3I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.4He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”
3. I Corinthians 2:9 (NLT) “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.”
4. Everything in heaven with value!
5. We will have new in heaven!
a. I Corinthians 15:40 (NAS) There are also heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is one, and the glory of the earthly is another.
6. in heaven is !
IV. How Do I ?
A. Put your and in .
1. Acts 4:12 (NAS) “And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
B. in .
1. Matthew 6:19-21 (NAS) 19“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”