What Can We Expect in the Future?September 19, 2020
What Does the Future Hold?
What Can We Expect in the Future?
II. What Can We Expect in the Future?
A. We can expect times.
1. Daniel 12:1a (NLT) “At that time Michael, the archangel who stands guard over your nation, will arise. Then there will be a time of anguish greater than any since nations first came into existence.”
2. So, from the first coming of Jesus, until the second coming of Jesus, the is going to be under stress and anguish.
3. John 16:33c (NAS) “In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”
4. There’s a great coming, but you don’t have to because Christ really is enough!
B. We can expect the of God.
1. Daniel 12:1a (NLT) “At that time Michael, the archangel who stands guard over your nation, will arise.”
2. Michael’s job in the Bible is to bring to God’s people.
3. Our future, as the people of God, is being through trouble, not being from trouble!
4. Daniel 12:1c-2 (NLT) 1c“But at that time every one of your people whose name is written in the book will be rescued. 2Many of those whose bodies lie dead and buried will rise up, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt.”
5. Our goal is total , body and soul, where we will be like and see Him as He is!
6. The power to live now was upon their ability to lay hold of what they were going to become in the future!
7. “Christians who did the most for the present world were those who saw most of the next. And the reason we are so ineffective in this world is that we have ceased thinking about the next world. Aim at heaven and you get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither.” (C.S. Lewis)
C. We can expect a great of humanity.
1. Daniel 12:2 (NLT) “Many of those whose bodies lie dead and buried will rise up, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt.”
2. You decide whether you’re going to believe something or not based on whether it’s or not!
3. In order to be , you need to surrender your life to Jesus. In order to be lost, just do .
D. We can expect people to be running here and there looking for .
1. Daniel 12:3 (NLT) “Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like stars forever.”
2. We have to go before God and ask Him for !
3. “When I get to the end of my , what kind of do I want to be?”