Living With HopeJanuary 23, 2021
Getting Ready for the Future
Living With Hope
A. Jeremiah 29:11 (NAS) ‘For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.’
1. A person of hope sees that the glass is firmly held in the of .
B. “Hope” is when I realize that is in !
II. What Happens if I Have Hope?
A. If I have hope, I can get .
1. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV) But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
B. If I have hope, I can live with .
C. If I have hope, I have the strength to .
D. If I have hope, I can say “No” to the in my life.
1. Hope is the foundation for genuine in our lives!
2. Romans 5:3-5 (NAS) 3And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
III. God’s Process for Developing Hope in Us
A. I have to have some sort of a .
1. Problems are .
2. Problems are .
3. Problems are used by God to .
B. Practice and with that problem!
1. We try to from our problems.
2. We try to from our problems.
3. We try to for our problems.
4. Romans 8:24-25 (NAS) 4For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? 25But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.
5. Romans 15:4b (NLT) The Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled.
6. Trust is always built on the !
C. I have to develop .
1. James 1:2-4 (NAS) 2Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
2. emerges out of the !
3. I Timothy 6:17 (NAS) Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.
D. We are to hope.
1. I Peter 1:3 (NAS) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
2. You don’t have to for hope to begin!
3. Isaiah 49:23d (NLT) “Those who trust in me will never be put to shame.”