Just PrayMay 8, 2021 / N. Keith Shepherd / Vineyard Church North Phoenix
Doing What Jesus Did
At the Vineyard, we will always pray for the and hurting!
Matthew 10:8 (NLT) “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons. Give as freely as you have received!”
John 14:12-14 (NLT) 12“I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. 13You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. 14Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!”
Assumption 1: We believe Jesus heals today.
Assumption 2: We are called to participate in the ministry of healing.
1. All believers pray for the sick! Healing ministry is to all believers.
2. We believe in ministering in .
3. We believe it is essential to and the person we are praying for!
4. We minister more than resolving the presented problem.
5. We are dependent on the at all times!
6. We use language and not language.
The Five-Step Ministry Model
Luke 18:41 (NLT) “What do you want me to do for you?”
John 5:6 (NLT) When Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time, he asked him, “Would you like to get well?”
James 2:13b (NIV) Mercy triumphs over judgment!
John 5:19 (NLT) So Jesus explained, “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does.”