How to Wreck a FamilyJanuary 29, 2022
Relationships Made Simple
How to Wreck a Family
A. How we do is one of the biggest factors for determining how much joy, or how much , we have in our lives!
B. Genesis 25:24-26 (NLT) 24And when the time came to give birth, Rebekah discovered that she did indeed have twins! 25The first one was very red at birth and covered with thick hair like a fur coat. So they named him Esau. 26Then the other twin was born with his hand grasping Esau’s heel. So they named him Jacob. Isaac was sixty years old when the twins were born.
C. Genesis 25:27 (NLT) As the boys grew up, Esau became a skillful hunter. He was an outdoorsman, but Jacob had a quiet temperament, preferring to stay at home.
D. Genesis 25:28 (NLT) Isaac loved Esau because he enjoyed eating the wild game Esau brought home, but Rebekah loved Jacob.
II. How to Wreck a Family
1. If you love somebody, especially if you are a parent of a child, you need to become the world’s greatest of that child!
2. Instead of trying to mold them into what want them to be, honor the person that made them to be!
3. Parents, express , and appreciation to your kids on a regular basis!
4. If I’m the parent, then it’s my job to build up my child’s heart! It’s not their job to fill up my !
B. Keep and practice
1. Genesis 27:3-4 (NAS) 3“Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me; 4and prepare a savory dish for me such as I love, and bring it to me that I may eat, so that my soul may bless you before I die.”
2. Genesis 27:11-12 (NAS) 11“Behold, Esau my brother is a hairy man and I am a smooth man. 12Perhaps my father will feel me, then I will be as a deceiver in his sight, and I will bring upon myself a curse and not a blessing.”
3. Genesis 27:19 (NAS) “I am Esau your firstborn; I have done as you told me. Get up, please, sit and eat of my game, that you may bless me.”
4. Genesis 27:20 (NAS) Isaac said to his son, “How is it that you have it so quickly, my son?” And he said, “Because the LORD your God caused it to happen to me.”
5. Deceit always has a way of !
6. Isaac has never passed on his to his kids!
7. Genesis 27:38 (NAS) Esau said to his father, “Do you have only one blessing, my father? Bless me, even me also, O my father.” So Esau lifted his voice and wept.
C. Let go unresolved
1. Genesis 27:41 (NLT) From that time on, Esau hated Jacob because their father had given Jacob the blessing. And Esau began to scheme: “I will soon be mourning my father’s death. Then I will kill my brother, Jacob.”
2. If you want to mess up a family, just don’t teach people how to deal with .
3. As parents, God has designated as the primary people to teach our children how to walk in ways.
4. Genesis 33:4 (NLT) Then Esau ran to meet him and embraced him, threw his arms around his neck, and kissed him. And they both wept.
5. Only can heal wounds like that.
6. can do in us what we can do ourselves!
7. “God, what do You want to work on concerning my ?”