How to Show Respect to OthersAugust 14, 2021
Keys to a Successful Life
How to Show Respect to Others
A. I Peter 2:17a (NLT) Show respect for everyone.
II. Why Should I Show Respect to Everyone?
A. Because God created
1. Psalm 8:4-5 (NLT) 4What are people that you should think about them, mere mortals that you should care for them? 5Yet you made them only a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor.
B. Because for everybody
1. I Peter 1:18-19 (NLT) 18For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. 19It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.
C. Because it shows I
1. I John 4:8 (NLT) But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
D. Because I will what I
1. Galatians 6:7-9 (NAS) 7Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. 8For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. 9Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.
III. How to Show Respect to Others
A. When I to others, I need to be , not just truthful.
1. Proverbs 15:4 (NLT) Gentle words bring life and health; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.
2. The you say something determines how it’s going to be received.
3. Tact is the ability to make a , without making an .
4. Don’t confuse with “frankness”!
5. “Is what I’m going to say something that will build this person , or is it something that will tear them ?”
6. Ephesians 4:29 (NAS) Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.
B. When I am being by someone, I need to be , not demanding.
1. Luke 6:31 (NAS) “Treat others the same way you want them to treat you.”
2. The best place to practice this is !
C. When I disagree with someone, be , not .
1. Remember that person is to God.
a. Romans 14:12 (NAS) So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God.
2. Remember that I am !
3. You tell truth to people, not to people!
D. When people are to me, I need to respond .
1. Romans 12:17a, 21 (NAS) 17aNever pay back evil for evil to anyone. 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
2. Exodus 20:12a (NLT) “Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life.”
3. One of the most critical lessons a child, or a young person, can learn in life is how to relate to properly!
4. God does not say, “Honor your parent’s skills.”
5. “Honor the of parenthood.”
6. God doesn’t want you to anything. He wants you to it.
7. Psalm 27:10 (NLT) Even if my father and mother abandon me, the LORD will hold me close.
8. Psalm 34:18 (NAS) The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
9. Everybody’s !
And anything is !