How to Become a More Responsible PersonJuly 24, 2021
Keys to a Successful Life
How to Become a More Responsible Person
II. Three Enemies of Becoming Responsible
A. The “I have my ” mentality
B. The “” mentality
C. The “” mentality
1. Ephesians 5:15 (NLT) So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise.
III. Why Should I Live a Responsible Life?
A. Because God is me and will one day my life!
1. Hebrews 4:13 (NAS) And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.
a. Life is a test of !
b. My is the only thing I will take into with me!
c. “What did you with what I you?”
2. Romans 14:12 (NAS) So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God.
B. Because God me when I live responsibly!
1. Matthew 25:23 (NAS) “Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.”
IV. How Can I Become a More Responsible Person?
A. By controlling my
1. Proverbs 29:11 (NAS) A fool always loses his temper, but a wise man holds it back.
2. Matthew 12:36 (NLT) “And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgment day of every idle word you speak.”
3. Proverbs 29:20 (NLT) There is more hope for a fool than for someone who speaks without thinking.
B. By my
1. You are not responsible for every that passes through your mind!
2. II Corinthians 10:3-5 (NAS) 3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.
3. What you think about, you eventually and what you feel, you eventually !
4. Proverbs 15:14 (NLT) A wise person is hungry for truth, while the fool feeds on trash.
C. By my
1. Proverbs 28:13 (NAS) He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion.
2. “I was . Will you please me?”
3. Romans 3:23-24 (NLT) 23For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. 24Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.