How Much Money Is Enough?November 21, 2020
Solutions to Life’s Questions
How Much Money Is Enough?
A. Ecclesiastes 5:11 (NLT) The more you have, the more people come to help you spend it. So what is the advantage of wealth—except perhaps to watch it run through your fingers!
II. What We Think Wealth Will Bring
1. Ecclesiastes 5:10 (NLT) Those who love money will never have enough. How absurd to think that wealth brings true happiness!
1. Luke 12:15 (NAS) “Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions.”
1. Proverbs 23:4-5 (NAS) 4Do not weary yourself to gain wealth, cease from your consideration of it. 5When you set your eyes on it, it is gone. For wealth certainly makes itself wings like an eagle that flies toward the heavens.
III. What Wealth Really Brings
1. Ecclesiastes 5:11a (NLT) The more you have, the more people come to help you spend it.
1. Ecclesiastes 5:12 (NLT) People who work hard sleep well, whether they eat little or much. But the rich are always worrying and seldom get a good night’s sleep.
2. As income increases, so does !
C. More if it’s lost
1. Ecclesiastes 5:13-14, 17 (NLT) 13There is another serious problem I have seen in the world. Riches are sometimes hoarded to the harm of the saver, 14or they are put into risky investments that turn sour, and everything is lost. In the end, there is nothing left to pass on to one’s children. 17Throughout their lives, they live under a cloud—frustrated, discouraged, and angry.
D. More to use it
1. Luke 16:11 (NAS) “If therefore you have not been faithful in the use of unrighteous mammon, who will entrust the true riches to you?”
2. God has chosen as a way to our character.
3. The way we handle money here on earth will help determine our as a Christian in heaven.
4. Our lives are easily by money!
5. You cannot become a Christian without settling the issue of in your life!
IV. What Does God Want Me to Do With My Money?
A. Be for it.
1. Ecclesiastes 5:19 (NLT) And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life—that is indeed a gift from God.
a. you have is a from God!
b. Deuteronomy 8:18a (NAS) “But you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth.”
B. what you have you have it.
1. Ecclesiastes 7:14 (NLT) Enjoy prosperity while you can. But when hard times strike, realize that both come from God. That way you will realize that nothing is certain in this life.
2. Happiness is not getting whatever you . Happiness is whatever you have!
3. I Timothy 6:17 (NAS) Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.
4. “Financial freedom” is not having more money. It’s having fewer !
C. Be with what you have.
1. If you want to become more like Jesus, you have to become a !
2. Eternal rewards are going to be based on what you not on how much you kept!
3. Matthew 6:19-21 (NAS) 19“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
4. How do you “store up treasure in heaven”?
a. You begin using what you have for purposes.
5. God has given us a regular, systematic savings plan for eternity! It’s called .
a. Proverbs 3:9-10 (NAS) 9Honor the LORD from your wealth and from the first of all your produce; 10so your barns will be filled with plenty and your vats will overflow with new wine.
D. Put first in your life, not your !
1. Matthew 6:24 (NAS) “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will hold to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”
2. My demonstrates what’s really in my life!
3. “Who’s going to be my ?”