God’s Conditions on Our StuffJanuary 30, 2021 / Brian T. Anderson / Vineyard Church North Phoenix
Money, Sex and Power
God’s Conditions on Our Stuff
A. “We want to have money. We want more money. We envy other people’s money, and yet we disdain the rich for having it. We buy lottery tickets and hope to win. We feel envy toward the person who wins millions and then we’re secretly glad when we discover later on how his or her life has gone to pot with all that money. We treat the extremely rich like pop stars and celebrities, but in doing so we dehumanize them and demean them. We are all contorted about money.” (Lauren Mead)
B. Psalm 24:1 (NAS) The earth is the LORD’S, and all it contains, the world, and those who dwell in it.
C. Romans 14:12 (NAS) So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God.
II. God’s Conditions on Our Stuff
A. it, use it, and thank for it.
1. I Timothy 6:17 (NAS) Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.
B. it and maintain it .
1. some of it
a. Proverbs 6:6-8 (NLT) 6Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and be wise! 7Even though they have no prince, governor, or ruler to make them work, 8they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter.
2. some of your money
a. God gives us, He wants !
3. some of it
a. Deuteronomy 14:23c (LB) “The purpose of tithing is to teach you always to put God first in your lives.”
b. Malachi 3:10 (NAS) “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the LORD of hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.”
4. Share some of it with the
a. Proverbs 19:17 (NAS) One who is gracious to a poor man lends to the LORD, and He will repay him for his good deed.
C. Expect a at the end of our life regarding this.
1. There’s coming a day when God, the true Owner of everything, will do a complete of how each one of us has managed stuff!
2. This is going to take a !
3. People do not into higher levels of good money management!