Getting Back to NormalSeptember 5, 2020
Getting Back to Normal
II. What Makes Up the Vineyard DNA?
A. The priority of
1. Matthew 22:36-37 (NAS) 36“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’”
2. Hebrews 10:19-20 (NAS) 19Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh.
a. In the Old Testament, your of God would be strictly through the .
b. The Presence of God was contained behind the veil, and could never experience it!
c. When Jesus died on the cross, the veil was from top to bottom!
d. The “” of God
e. That’s our when we go to church!
f. Psalm 22:3 (KJV) “You inhabit the praises of Your people.”
3. Hebrews 10:21-22 (NAS) 21And since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
a. It our hearts again toward God, toward hurting people, toward people who are far from God, broken people, etc.
b. Worship accomplishes things in our hearts that !
4. Hebrews 10:23-25 (NAS) 23Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; 24and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, 25not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
a. Psalm 87:2 (NAS) The LORD loves the gates of Zion more than all the other dwelling places of Jacob.
b. Without regularly experiencing God’s Presence, you will become more and more !
5. “How can I experience more of God’s Presence when I come to church?”
a. yourself to experience His Presence.
a.) Welcoming to come!
b.) For your heart to be ready to from God.
c.) For you to be by God that day!
b. to get to church !
c. When the service begins, on !
i. That is a !
ii. Sing Him!
B. The importance of
1. By learning to live with some other people.
a. The community of Jesus is the place where the person you want to be present, is present!
b. There is no in Jesus without to His Body!
c. are essential for a strong, healthy, vibrant church!
C. Benefits of Small Groups
2. They promote
3. They help Christians become .
a. Mark 10:45 (NAS) “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”