Christmas Eve 2020
December 23, 2020
Christmas Eve 2020
A. Luke 2:10-11 (NLT) 10But the angel reassured them. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news of great joy for everyone! 11The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born tonight in Bethlehem, the city of David!”
II. Why Did Jesus Come to Earth?
A. To communicate to us
1. John 14:6 (NAS) Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”
2. John 8:12 (NAS) “I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.”
B. To mankind
1. Romans 5:12 (NAS) Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned.
2. Luke 19:10 (NAS) “For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
a. are to God!
C. To give us
1. John 10:10 (NAS) “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”
2. What is abundant life?
a. Life with meaning and
b. A life of
i. John 14:27 (NAS) “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.”
c. A life of
D. To show us what is really like
1. Colossians 1:15a (NAS) And He is the image of the invisible God.
2. Matthew 1:18-23 (NLT) 18Now this is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant by the Holy Spirit. 19Joseph, her fiancé, being a just man, decided to break the engagement quietly, so as not to disgrace her publicly. 20As he considered this, he fell asleep, and an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to go ahead with your marriage to Mary. For the child within her has been conceived by the Holy Spirit. 21And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” 22All of this happened to fulfill the Lord’s message through his prophet: 23“Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and he will be called Immanuel (meaning, God is with us).”
3. You need to God’s to you!
4. John 1:12 (NAS) But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.