The POWER Of COMMUNIONNovember 1, 2020
Big Thought Today: What Does Communion Mean To Me?
Is Communion merely an act of remembrance, or is it much, much more? I Corinthians 11:17-34
1. Communion is a celebration of our UNITY in Christ!
How do I approach the Lord’s Supper? I Corinthians 11:17-22
2. Communion is a PARTICIPATION in the Body and Blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
How does the Body of Christ (as a whole) view communion? I Corinthians 11:23-25; John 6:53-56
3. Communion is a PROCLAMATION of the Cross and all its provisions – until the Lord returns!
Proclaiming the Lord’s death is celebrating His victory! I Corinthians 11:26; Galatians 6:14-15
4. Communion is a time of REVERENCE, REFLECTION, REPENTANCE, and RESTORATION!
As we approach the celebration of Communion, we need to discern the Body of Christ! I Corinthians 11:27-37; Acts 20:28; James 5:16
1. “What is Jesus speaking to me through this teaching today?”
2. “How can I apply this to my life?”
3. “Who can I share what I’ve learned today with?”