Devoted to Serve
August 18, 2019
“We live in troubled times & God has called us to Step Up & Make a Difference.”
Series Title: Because of the Times
We’re to Step Up in our . . .
1. Devotion to Pray
2. Devotion to Love
1 Peter 4:10 “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, as good stewards, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.”
Big thought today: Serving Makes A Difference
1. Serving Creates Supply
There’s always a cost to serving because we have to ‘give’ of ourselves. When we give though, God will supply what we need to serve. Philippians 4:15-19, Proverbs 11:25
2. Serving Creates Direction
Have you ever asked the question “Why am I Here?” God has a specific calling for you & you find it by serving. Ephesians 4:16
3. “How Can I Serve My Church?”
1. START where you are . . .
“Who can I serve this week in my church?”
2. USE what you have . . .
“What do I have that I can serve them with this week?”
3. DO what you can . . .
“What can I do to serve them this week?”
1. “What is Jesus speaking to me through this teaching today?”
2. “How can I apply this to my life?”
3. “Who can I share what I’ve learned today with?”