The Unshakable Kingdom Part 1: Confidence In ChaosSeptember 6, 2020
This is God’s Word: Hebrews 12:25-29
See to it that you do not reject the one who speaks. For if they did not escape when they rejected him who warned them on earth, even less will we if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven. 26 His voice shook the earth at that time, but now he has promised, Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens., 27 This expression, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what is not shaken might remain. 28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful. By it, we may serve God acceptably, with reverence and awe, 29 for our God is a consuming fire.
1.With our culture in , nothing feels .
2. When we trust in things that are , our is shaken, too.
- One benefit of our world being shaken is that it exposes faith in .
3. Could it be that our tendency is want just of God to bless our own agendas?
- agenda is best?
4. Could it be that God’s agenda is , and that His agenda should be ?
5. Jesus came to earth not just to offer of sin, but to a Kingdom.
Mark 1:14–15, Luke 4:42–43
Final Thought: Since God’s Kingdom is , we can have unshakable confidence IN .