From This Day Forward: Stay PureFebruary 14, 2021 / The Bridge Community Church North
FROM THIS DAY FORWARD—4
- SEEK GOD
- FIGHT FAIR
- HAVE FUN
- STAY PURE
- NEVER GIVE UP
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. Hebrews 13:4
WHY IS IMPURITY IN MARRIAGE INCREASING?
- MORE TEMPTATIONS TODAY THAN IN THE PAST.
- PEOPLE ARE GETTING MARRIED LATER.
- GROWING SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT.
INWARD AND OUTWARD PURITY
- OUTWARD PURITY: THE BEHAVIOR.
But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity… Ephesians 5:3
Keep to a path far from her, do not go near the door of her house. Proverbs 5:8
Flee from sexual immorality…19 You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:18, 19-20
- INWARD PURITY: THE HEART.
How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. 10 I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. 11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:9-11
But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matthew 5:28
THREE RESPONSES TO IMPURITY
Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. 2 Corinthians 7:10
TALK IT OVER
- How might you be compromising your purity and putting yourself at risk?
- Share a time when you dealt with impurity. How did you deal with it and what did you learn from your experience?
- What outward or inward changes do you need to make to ensure you live a life of purity?