Trinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
July 25, 2021
Main Scripture Reference(s)
Freedom!July 25, 2021 / Galatians 5:1
What is the chief end of man? (From the Westminster Catechism)
To glorify and enjoy Him .
What does this mean?
What is the dictionary definition of “freedom”?
Who is the most free person to ever walk this earth?
How did Jesus express (live out) His freedom? (John 17:1-4)
What is the Christian definition of freedom?
What were/are we, as humanity, created to do?
What did Jesus set us free from?
- He set us free from sin and having to sin. (Col. 1:21-23)
- He set us free from having to perform/earn our salvation. (Eph. 2:8-9)
- He set us free from death. (1 Cor. 15:56-57)
- He set us free from the devil. (Heb. 2:14-15)
What can we do to help maintain our freedom?
- We can stand firm. Meaning…
- We do not submit to the yoke of slavery. Meaning…?
Does this mean we can discard the Old Testament? Why or why not? (1 John 5:3)
What does Romans 7:15-23 and Romans 8:1-2 teach us about “feeling” free?
What does Hebrews 4:2 teach us about our response to God, feelings, and freedom?
How does 2 Timothy 2:11-13 encourage us?