Trinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
A Modern Gospel
March 14, 2021
Main Scripture Reference(s)
A Modern GospelMarch 14, 2021 / Galatians 2:11-14
Pastor Ross lists 3 realities at the beginning of the sermon. What are they?
- In God’s eyes there is race and ethnicities.
- Paul is plagued by Judaizers.
- In humility Paul submits himself to leadership.
What did Paul do to Peter when Peter came to Antioch? Why?
What do we know about Antioch? How does this help us understand the situation?
What does it mean to be a “Christian” (literally)? (Acts 11:26, John 15:15, Rom. 8:15-17, Gal. 4:4-7)
Who are the “certain men from James”? What happens when they arrive?
What must we understand about Jewish culture and eating with Gentiles? What does this tell us about “systemic racism”?
What does this passage say about racism? What is a Gospel explanation/response to racism? (Phil. 3:3)
Because of Peter’s example, what happened to Barnabas? Have you ever had this happen?
7 Points of Application…
- Confrontation Should Be Face to Face
- Public Sins Require Public Confrontation (1 5:20)
- Peer Pressure is Not Just for Kids
- Old (Sinful) Habits Die Hard
- There are Consequences to Our Actions
- Few Things More Heartbreaking than Watching a Loved One be Deceived
- The Gospel is Precious