Life Group Outline- Hope is Here For the Weary
September 20, 2021
RockPoint Church Week of Sept 19, 2021 Life Group Flow
Zoom Meeting Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84230224676?pwd=S2Qwd0JqRTZXcHhCZ2ZrMnpjOGhlUT09
Meeting ID: 842 3022 4676
Intro – Greet, Ice Breaker, Open in Prayer 6-7 min
S – Scripture 2-3 min
Our scripture reading for today are:
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. (John 3:16)
28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)
18 Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 19 Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” (Matthew 18:18-20)
not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. (Hebrews 10:25)
Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! 2 It is like the precious oil on the head, running down on the beard, on the beard of Aaron, running down on the collar of his robes! 3 It is like the dew of Hermon, which falls on the mountains of Zion! For there the Lord has commanded the blessing, life forevermore. (Psalm 133)
O – Observation Question 7-8 min
- What stands out to you as you from the scriptures we read?
- How might the truths in our bible reading have been received by those that first received the word?
- From our bible reading, what might God now be saying to us through His word?
I – Interpretation Question 7-8 min
- What insight can be gained and/or instructions received from this passage?
- What are the benefits to obeying the instructions given here?
- What can be the consequences of neglecting the principles in this passage?
L – Life Application Question 7-9 min
- What is the Holy Spirit speaking to you personally as we’re discussing this?
- Is there an area of your life this speaks to where you need to make an adjustment? If yes, please share.
- What are the obstacles you need to move and/or overcome to apply this to your life this week?
Close in Prayer for one another 10-15 min