Life Group Note – Hope for the Broken
September 26, 2021
RockPoint Church – Life Group Agenda
Intro – Greet, Ice Breaker, Open in Prayer 6-7 min
S – Scripture 2-3 min
Our scripture reading for today are:
4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. (Matthew 5:4)
For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. (Psalm 32:3)
I was mute and silent; I held my peace to no avail, and my distress grew worse. (Psalm 39:2)
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; 2 to proclaim the year of the Lord‘s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; 3 to grant to those who mourn in Zion— to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified. (Isaiah 61:1-3)
5 so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another… 10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor… 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. (Romans 12:5,10,15)
11 Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. (1Thessalonians 5:11)
4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. (2 Corinthians 1:4)
You do not have, because you do not ask. (James 4:2)
O – Observation Question 7-8 min
- What stands out to you as you from the scriptures we read?
- How might the truths in our bible reading have been received by those that first received the word?
- From our bible reading, what might God now be saying to us through His word?
I – Interpretation Question 7-8 min
- What insight can be gained and/or instructions received from this passage?
- What are the benefits to obeying the instructions given in the scriptures we read?
- What can be the consequences of neglecting the principles in this passage?
L – Life Application Question 7-9 min
- What is the Holy Spirit saying to you personally as we’re discussing this?
- Is there an area of your life this speaks to where you need to make an adjustment? If yes, please share.
- What are the obstacles you need to overcome in order to apply this to your life this week?
Close in Prayer for one another 10-15 min