Good Friday 2021
April 2, 2021
Topic: Good Friday 2021
45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land until the ninth hour. 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” 47 And some of the bystanders, hearing it, said, “This man is calling Elijah.” 48 And one of them at once ran and took a sponge, filled it with sour wine, and put it on a reed and gave it to him to drink. 49 But the others said, “Wait, let us see whether Elijah will come to save him.” 50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit. 51 And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52 The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53 and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many. 54 When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe and said, “Truly this was the Son of God!” (Matthew 27:45-54)
48 And all the crowds that had assembled for this spectacle, when they saw what had taken place, returned home beating their breasts. (Luke 23:48).
26 Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. (Mathew 26:26-28)
- His body was broken
Matthew 27:51-53 the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52 The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53 and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many.
- The covenant
34 But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water. (John 19:34)
If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you. (Romans 8:11)
- Jesus His messianic for us
- Don’t accept loss when God has given you victory.
- Don’t accept captivity/oppression when Christ has procured your freedom/liberty
- Don’t accept sorrow when Christ has purchased your joy
- Don’t accept poverty when Christ became poor so that through His poverty you would become rich
- Don’t accept death when Christ already died for you to live.
- Don’t accept defeat when Jesus has given you victory
Communion & Prayer
- Thank you that your body were broken so that we will be made whole. As I eat of this bread, I affirm that I am one with you. Make me whole. Heal my body. Shield me from every form of sickness and disease. Mend whatever in broken in my life. Remove everything that is counterproductive in my life, and make me fruitful.
- Lord Jesus, thank you for this cup, representing the covenant enacted by your blood. I receive it gratitude and activate every benefit therein – I activate freedom, peace, health, wealth, life, resurrection power, favor and blessing in every area of my life. Amen!
3. Lord Jesus, I believe your Word that you baptize us with your Holy Spirit and fire. Thank you for the gift of your Spirit. As a temple of God, I receive the resurrection power of the Holy Spirit in me. Make alive everything in my life that should be alive. Revive everything that the enemy stole, killed and destroyed in my life, in my family, and in our church. Roll away every stone of affliction, adversity and hinderance. With the Power in the blood of Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, manifest your power and be glorified in my life Lord Jesus. I declare over my life that this is a new era of triumph and nothing will stop your plan and dream for my life. In Jesus’ name. Amen.