THINKING GOOD THOUGHTS DURING COVID-19April 15, 2020 / 14:
THINKING GOOD THOUGHTS DURING COVID-19
We are not defined by what we do; God sees us for who we ARE.
Proverbs 14:12, “There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end, it leads to death.”
Gaining control of your thought life is one of the first steps towards thinking good thoughts
- Many times people get into mindsets, people have experiences, and the devil tells them many insidious lies.
- Many people are living with tormented minds, believing the lies of the enemy. They are trapped by painful, persistent feelings.
- Many are living tormented lives because of what they tell themselves.
POINT: Information comes from God, Satan, and self.
Make sure that what you are telling yourself is the TRUTH.
II Corinthians 10:5; II Timothy 1:7
The process of information:
-Once a thought is birthed, we allow images to be associated with those thoughts.
-Imagination is an image that is put with a thought.
3 Stages to a stronghold: Thought, Image, Stronghold.
1. THE DEVIL MIXES TRUTH WITH FALSEHOOD. JOHN 8:44
- The devil will take a portion of truth that you agree with, and then add 70%, 80%, 90% falsehood
POINT: The word of God clarifies what is truth and what is falsehood.
- Too many delight in what others say, and they are not listening to the report of the Lord.
- You may think it is true, but hidden inside are untruths and mis-beliefs.
The devil wants to fool you, get things messed up, and mixed up.
When truth is compromised, there is no hope. Psalm 119:11
2. THE DEVIL PUTS YOU DOWN, SO YOU WON’T BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.
Many people mix truth with falsehoods unknowingly.
-The devil tells people that they are not smart. Romans 8:6
-The devil makes people believe that they are bad parents.
POINT: SILENT TALK is what we play over and over in your head. However-It’s not the truth.
- You become what you think. It can stop you from having a strong prayer life, a good education, marrying right and even a ministry for God.
I WANT YOU TO QUESTION THAT LIE!
The devil tells people: “Everybody should like you.“ That is a nice thought, but it’s a lie.
Pray this prayer: Psalm 19:14, “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, Oh Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.”
-The devil tells people they are MISERABLE.
Did not the Lord say: “I’ll never leave you nor forsake you all the days of thy life.”
Some suggestions for your time:
1. Spend time reading, drawing close to God.
2. Live a normal schedule as much as you can.
3. Develop yourself to the best of your ability.
TAKE YOUR QUARANTINE TIME AND ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING FOR THE LORD:
-John Bunyan wrote Pilgrim’s progress when in prison.
-John the Revelator had the vision of The Book of Revelation while quarantined on the Island of Patmos.
-Daniel was taken captive from his homeland but received a revelation about the future, and he wrote the book of Daniel.