The Antichrist Spirit
July 5, 2020 / 1 Thessalonians 4:3
“THE ANTICHRIST SPIRIT”
I love America, and our nation is in deep, deep trouble. Romans 13
We recognize the value of Godly leadership when it is present, and when it is absent.
Psalm 33:12; Proverbs 14:34
- 2020 will go down as a year as an unprecedented national upheaval.
- POINT: Society wanted a world without Christ, a world without Christianity. A world without morals, and a world where everybody could do what was right in his own eyes.
- The antichrist’s spirit has blown his unholy spirit on Covid-19 and has brought FEAR to the world.
Revelation 13:16-17; I Thessalonians 5:3
1. WHERE WE WERE AS A NATION.
a. Prosperity abounded.
Months ago, America had just ridden an all-time period of unprecedented prosperity.
Most Americans were facing the future with great anticipation. An article in the USA today on January 1 stated, “America was rolling into the future with economic confidence unmatched in 30 years.”
Many have voted with their pocketbook, and not their bible.
B. Previously, we honored our BLESSOR.
The US has been blessed because we relied upon The Divine Sovereignty of God.
We have had as the basis of our constitution, our moral, and biblical belief in God.
POINT: The value of our national independence rests upon our spiritual autonomy.
- Governors and mayors have unfairly, and intentionally discriminated against the church during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Consequences of Roe v. Wade: 61,628,584 total abortions since 1973.
(Based on numbers reported by the Guttmacher Institute 1973-2017)
- The internet has created on-demand pornography for any smart device.
- Violence in America has far surpassed that of the days of Noah or the days of Lot.
During COVID-19, the nation, the leaders, and the church have responded politically rather than spiritually.
2. WHERE WE ARE AT.
A. We live in an angry world.
II Timothy 3:1-5
POINT: Be careful, Christian. This Antichrist spirit will attach itself to you. You will be frustrated, angry, put-out, offended, impatient, unthankful with the very people you should be welcoming into your life.
B. We live in a “money-driven” society.
We have used finances to prove the blessings of God.
God spoke through John the Revelator about the Laodicean church: Revelation 3:17-18
- The economic situation is not as good as we are told.
We owe 26 Trillion. www.usdebtclock.org
If you count the IOU’s and recent spending, we are nearing 50 Trillion dollars.
You cannot spend your way to wealth. You cannot charge your way to wealth.
- 1982 America was the Wealthiest Nation of Earth; now, we are the greatest debtor nation.
- We have a Heavenly Father in heaven who knows what you need.
QUESTION: How much is a trillion dollars?
Answer: “If you started a business at the birth of Christ and stayed open 365 days and lost 1 million per day, it will still take another 719 years to lose 1 trillion dollars. A stack of new $1,000 bills 4” high equals a million dollars. A stack of $1,000 bills 3,030 miles high equals a trillion dollars.
We owe 26 Trillion!
What will happen when America can no longer pay the interest on the national debt?
- Default -All treasury bills and government bonds would be worthless.
- Print more money-Monetize the debt. Re-value our money.
3. WHERE WE ARE GOING.
There are forces at work that want to destroy America. Destroy our way of worship. Destroy our freedom of speech. There is a culture that wants to cancel our history.
- Our forefathers signed the Declaration of Independence, citing 37 biblical violations knowing it was the only way to achieve God’s will.
We have the spirit of unaccountability.
People are not held responsible for their freedom or their well-being. We reward laziness and sloppiness. We require people who have pressed on and attained something to feel guilty for achieving something that others who haven’t pressed on and have not attained.
A. I believe we are headed for difficult times.
Throughout the scriptures, we detect a pattern: nations that turned away from God were sent messages and warnings through the prophets.
B. The Last Message before judgment was prosperity.
In scripture, God blessed the nations with prosperity. It was the last great mercy call.
- QUESTION: Has the hand of the Lord been removed from America?
- In the days of Noah, and Lot prosperity was the last call before judgment.
- Difficult times are coming.
I believe that God wants to bless us, but only as our soul is blessed.
CONCLUSION: OUR RESPONSE:
We must revisit our faith, our love for the things of God, and our commitment to God His Church, and His people. Psalm 1:3
This kingdom of the Beast will use four realms of influence to subdue man: Politics, Military, Religious, Economic. Revelation 13:15
God wants us to prosper in the spirit. The spirit is God’s measure of prosperity. It includes encouragement and comfort, a provision in the absence of peace and safety.