God’s Phone Number: 122-558-8663 (1-CALL-UNTO-ME)June 7, 2020 / 33:
“GOD’S PHONE NUMBER:
Text: Jeremiah 33:3
One thing we learn about God in scripture is that God is a God of language. He speaks to His people. He closes His thoughts with words. He loves to convey His will to His people.
Background: Jeremiah 32:6-15.
- CALL GOD. v. 3
God called Jeremiah a 2nd time –v.1
- God spoke into Jeremiah’s isolation and reminded him of his incredible power. 2 Jer. 32:27
God never over-promises and He never under-delivers. His promises are true.
- God has been faithful in the past.(I Chronicles 16:8-12)
“Call” means “to cry out, call aloud, to roar.”
It was also used when a child crying out for help when in danger.
- God does have a phone number.
Get in contact with God by remembering His phone #.
II Samuel 22:4,7; Psalm 18:3,6; Psalm 86:3; Psalm 145:18
- BELIEVE GOD WILL ANSWER. v. 3
- Things about our relationship with God.
- God wants to speak to us.
- God desires for us to know His voice.
- God speaks prophetically. Jeremiah 32:17, 27
Two extremes when it comes to praying and believing God:
- People pray, but they talk, talk, talk. There is no expectation that God will guide, direct, and speak.
- People say they God speaks to them all the time about everything.
- We will believe when we hear His voice. His voice is called the inner ear in Hebrews. (Circumcised ear)
- TELL AND SHOW. v.3
Amplified: “Great and mighty things, [things which have been confined and hidden.”
- When we call to God, we should expect the unexpected.
TELL = ” To make conspicuous something that was previously unknown.”
- God’s provisions are much greater than our problems. Isaiah 48:6; Ephesians 3:20
- In order to get the “show” you have to stay sensitive to God’s Holy Spirit.
POINT: “Whenever I am prayerless- it conveys an underlying belief that I can do life and ministry on my own, which according to scripture is certifiably insane.”
WHEN CAN YOU CALL?