“Getting Through This.”March 22, 2020 / 8:
“GETTING THROUGH THIS”
Text: Luke 8:22-25
Storms come when you least expect them. In the quietness of the night it happens. In the peace of life, you are suddenly rattled by the greatest difficulty imaginable.
All of a sudden everything changes.
Have Faith that God will get us through the storm!
Psalm 18:2; Habakkuk 3:19; Hebrews 13:8; Psalm 28:9
1. TODAY WE RECOGNIZE THAT GOD IS HERE. Luke 8:22
His presence is with you now.
- His presence will be with us in life.
- His presence will be with us in the corona virus battle!
II Chronicles 7:14
- His presence will be with us in small numbers.
Psalm 62:11; II Samuel 22:7
I see the other side even if we are not there yet.
- If He is in the boat, the water will not overtake you.
- If He is in the boat, you need not fear.
Isaiah 41:10; II Kings 6:16
Jesus is your Savior before, during and after the storm.
- He is with us in the storms of life, the sorrows of life, and the stress of life. Hebrews 13:5-6
- You’re not the only one! We are all together.
2. TODAY WE LEARN TO TRUST JESUS. Luke 8:24
We must Cry out to God!
Together we say: “I trust you Lord!”
- The Lord knew the storm was coming.
- He permitted the storm, and lead them into it.
- He allowed them to feel the fury of the storm.
- He appeared to be unconcerned. He was sleeping.
- He was with them in the storm, so they were safe.
III. WE WILL GET TO THE OTHER SIDE. Luke 8:25
Be ready to be strengthened.
- The Disciples asked? “Who is He? Even the winds and waters obeyed.”
Remember who Jesus is!
He is your strength. He is your solitude. He is your comfort. He is your hope, He is your haven, He is your comfort!
Psalm 16:11 “In His presence is fullness of joy, and at His right hand are pleasures forevermore.”