The Lord’s PrayerSeptember 5, 2021
5) And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6) But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7) And whey your pray, do not keep on babbling like pagan, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8) Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him. 9) This, then, is how you should pray:
“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, 10) Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. 11) Give us today our daily bread. 12) Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13) And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”
14) For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15) But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
- Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be Your name
- Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven
- Give us today our daily bread
- Forgive us our debts (sins), as we forgive our debtors (those who sin against us)
- Lead us not into temptation
- But deliver us from the evil one