The Jesus ProphecieseJuly 19, 2020 / Mark 13:
Jesus told us to expect
What do angels do at the Second Coming?
- They are with Christ at the second coming. 1 Thess. 4:16
- They gather Mark 13:27
- Separate believers from unbelievers. Matt. 13:49
- They throw unbelievers into the fiery furnace. Matthew 13:42
- They are present if Christ rejects us. Luke 12:9
- They are present when Christ acknowledges us. Luke 12:8
In Mark 13, Jesus weaves short term and long term prophecy together. The short term prophecy serves to validate the prophecy that will take longer to fulfill.
Sings of the times:
… Jesus’ main point is that there is not a special set of signs that point to the end. Things will continue as they always have until he returns suddenly. So we should be alert, awake and ready for him to come again.