Daughters of GodNovember 8, 2020
Daughters of God
Pulled Up by Hope, part 5
- 1 Peter 3:1-3: 1 Peter chapter 2 concludes with a discussion of Christ sacrifice; Peter then discusses marriage and submission. Marriage gives us a deeper understanding of what Christ did for us. If I never submit to another person’s needs, I cannot truly understand the love of Jesus on the cross who submitted to the Father and gave himself to my needs.
- 1 Peter 3:4: A Godly woman finds her worth in Christ.
- 1 Peter 3:5: Womanhood always been valued by God.
- 1 Peter 3:7: Is not about men, Peter is talking to men about women.
Womanhood in Christ:
- 1 Peter 3:1: The conduct of a Redeemed Woman.
- 1 Peter 3:3: The adorning of Redeemed woman.
- 1 Peter 4:4: True beauty found of a Redeemed woman is inner beauty.
- 1 Peter 4:7: Men are to honor womanhood as coheirs in Christ.
As daughters of God, they have some things:
1. A daughter of God has =
God is on a mission to redeem planet earth. He not only has called men to join him in reaching the world, but women are called to focus on the purpose of the Gospel.
- 1 Peter 3:4: Not a doormat. She is not to open herself to abuse. A quiet spirit means that she does not keep her house in a constant state of uproar. She doesn’t stir trouble.
- Submit = she doesn’t oppose him at every turn. (Esther persuaded Xerxes by maintaining a right tone.
- What if a man doesn’t believe? Her conduct will speak louder than the preacher.
2. A daughter of God has =
The opportunity to deeply walk with God is life’s greatest privilege.
- 1 Peter 3:3-4: Peter warns that the Roman Greek world would try to objectify women, just as our world does. He reminds women that divine cosmetics is a holy walk with God. The greatest thing a woman has is not her body, it’s her walk with God.
- 1 Peter 3:7: She an equal recipient of grace of God.
- 1 Peter 3:7: Heirs: In Numbers 27:1-7, God revealed that women could be heirs of property. In 1 Peter God makes it clear that they are also spiritual heirs.
3. As daughter of God has =
- Of (1 Peter 3:5)
- Of (1 Peter 3:6)
- Of (Titus 2:4-5)
*** Men: What God want me do for my wife? (1 Peter 3:7)