Jesus Perspective – Part 1 Day on the GreenFebruary 21, 2021
Day on the Green
Matthew 5:3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
1. Blessed is I want to hear.
- Blessed, (Makariois), meaning a joy independent of circumstance. A blissful state of being.
2. Poor in spirit, is what I to hear.
Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory or standard of righteousness or God.
“But when he saw many Pharisees and Sadducees coming to be baptized, he denounced them. “You brood of snakes! He exclaimed. Who warned you to flee God’s coming judgment? Prove by the way you live that you have really turned from your sins and turned to God. Don’t just say, We’re safe–we’re the descendants of Abraham. That proves nothing. God can change these stones here into children of Abraham. Even now the axe of God’s judgement is poised, ready to sever your roots. Yes, every tree that does not produce good fruit will be chopped down and thrown into the fire.”
3. Heaven is what I to experience.
- Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed is the person who knows they don’t have it all together. And because they know they don’t have it all together, they come to God for help and God blesses them so they experience heaven in their soul.