Emoji Malfunction – Romantic Relationships: 2/13/22February 13, 2022
When Emotions & Romantic Relationships Collide
1. God created us Imago Dei – male and female – we are created in God’s Image. 👩🏼👨🏽
- Genesis 1:27, 31 (NLT) “So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them…and he saw that it was very good!”
- “For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:26 (NLT)
- “For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children. And since we are his children, we are his heirs.” Romans 8:16-17 (NLT)
- “Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children.” Ephesians 5:1 (NLT)
2. We all make Choices – for good 👍 or bad 👎 – that affect our emotions and relationships
- Genesis 3:1-5 (NLT)
- Genesis 3:6 (NLT)
- Genesis 3:7 (NLT)
- Genesis 3:8-11 (NLT)
- Genesis 3:12-13 (NLT)
- Genesis 3:20-24 (NLT)
3. Emotional Baggage affects our Relationships 🧳 👜
How can we keep our emotional suitcases small and our relationships healthy?
- Honor God with your BODY
1 Corinthians 6:12-20 (NLT)
Sex is intimacy which is both physical and emotional.
Honor your spouse – or possible future spouse – with your choices today.
- Renew your MIND for good
- “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” Romans 12:2 (NLT)
- Turn your EYE from worthless things
- “Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light. But when your eye is unhealthy, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is!” Matthew 6:22-23 (NLT)
- Guard your HEART above all else
- “Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.“ Proverbs 4:23 (NLT)
- “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked.
Who really knows how bad it is?” Jeremiah 17:9 (NLT)
Jesus said, “Come to me, all who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Matthew 11:28-30