Turning Points – Week 1February 27, 2022 / Our Savior Lutheran Church
A Physical Point (Luke 9:28, Psalm 89:12, Joshua 11:17, Judges 3:3)
A Reflection Point (Luke 9:29-35, John 1:14, 2 Peter 1:16-17)
An Pivotal Point (Luke 9:35, Hebrews 1:1-2, 2 Corinthians 3:18)
Share about a significant place where you have experienced a “turning point” in your life.
- Read Luke 9:28-36. Why do you think this is a significant turning point in Jesus’ human life?
- When we read God saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him” (v. 35), what does it make you think about? See Matthew 3:7 for help.
- How might you connect this turning point in Jesus’ life to the turning point of baptism in your life?
- Share about a turning point in your life when you experienced the glory of Jesus, full of grace and truth.
- How did your experience turn you to Jesus?
- As a result of your turning point experience with Jesus, how did your life practically change (immediately or over time)?
- With whom and how will you be the walking, talking, expressive turning point of Jesus, this week? Be specific.
- Let’s prepare for Easter together. Gather for Ash Wednesday Worship onsite or online, this Wednesday at 7pm for ashes, communion, and prayer.
- Let’s Serve on a Faith in Action Team together on Saturday, March 19 from 8am-noon. In addition to our normal Meal Ministry prep, Car Shop & B4K Breakfast Bags we will have a few projects in the community as well as work in our Abundance Garden!
- Let’s make plans now and start inviting friends to Connect at our Spring Shindig, Saturday, March 25 from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm.