Transforming Us – Week 3September 26, 2021
Our soul is like an .
My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me. (Matthew 26:38, ESV)
God works .
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. (Psalm 139:7-10, NIV)
- Letting Go
Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2, NIV)
- Read Matthew 26:36-46. What do you think about Jesus having a sorrowful and troubled soul?
- What do you think it means for Jesus (the Son of God!) to be sorrowful and troubled?
- How do you think Jesus shaped his disciples’ souls even as God shaped His soul in this passage?
- How would you describe your soul?
- How might your soul be sorrowful and troubled today?
- Between prayer, people, and letting go, what do you need most right now and why?
- How can you let go and lean on God and the people God wants to use in your life to shape your soul in this next season?
- How would you re-tell this story in your own words to somebody you know to shape their soul? Practice in your group and then go share it!