Transforming Us – Week 1September 12, 2021
Jesus came to…
1.Transform our .
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost. (Luke 19:10, NIV)
2. Transform our .
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. (Mark 12:30, NIV)
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. (Hebrews 4:12)
I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. (1 Corinthians 3:6, NLT)
Jesus’ Word Transforms Our
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you;
I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 36:26, NIV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
When Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people. When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!” (Matthew 27:50-54)
We are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building. (1 Corinthians 3:9)
- Read Matthew 13:1-9. How many promises of God can you identify in this passage?
- Share what these promises make you think about.
- How do each of the four different “kinds of hearts” found in Matthew 13:1-9 make you feel?
- In the past, how has God’s Word been a part of the transformation of your heart?
- How is God’s Word transforming your heart in your current season of life?
- How will you join God in His work of transforming your heart, this fall?
- What is the next step you can take this week?
- Where do you see evidence of God transforming someone else’s heart right now? How might you consider inviting them to join you on Jesus’ journey?