Philippians – Week 2July 4, 2021 / Our Savior Lutheran Church
Philippians – Week 2
I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel, so that it has become known throughout the whole imperial guard and to all the rest that my imprisonment is for Christ. And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. (Philippians 1:12–14)
What has happened to Paul?
What is the point Paul is making?
Paul reminds us that the sacrifices we make inspire confidence in the Gospel.
Read Philippians 1:12-14
- What has happened to Paul in these verses?
- What do you think is the point that Paul is trying to make?
- How have you been blessed by the sacrifice and selfless service of someone else? Share specific examples.
- How have you been inspired to sacrifice and serve selflessly for others?
- Paul reminds us that the Gospel is always at work regardless of our circumstances. How are you seeing the Gospel at work in your present circumstances?
- Who is someone that’s on your mind this week that needs confidence? How might you serve and sacrifice for them to inspire such confidence?