Peace I Leave With You – Part 2April 11, 2021
Peace I Leave With You – Part 2
Every person is created in the Image of God and has intrinsic value.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. Genesis1:27
Everyone we know is a sinner and will act accordingly.
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God… Romans 3:23
The problem of sin is so big and runs so deep we need outside help in the form of a savior.
…and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. Romans 3:24-25a
The new life we have in Christ allows us to relate to people in a different way.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17
We clothe ourselves with the character of Jesus.
Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, Colossians 3:12
This impacts how we make peace with others.
Peace Maker Principles from Peacemaker Ministries
- Give Glory to God (Mark 11:25; John 14:15; Romans 12:17-21)
- Get the Log out of your own eye (Proverbs 28:13; Matthew 7:3-5)
- Gently Restore (Proverbs 19:11; Matthew 18:15-20; 1 Corinthians 6:1-8)
- Go and Be reconciled (Matthew 5:23-24, 6:12, 7:12; Ephesians 4:1-3)
- How does having peace with God impact our ability to have peace with others?
- What does it look like for you to put on the character of Christ (Colossians 3:12)?
- Explore some of the verses around each of the Peace-Making principles on the other side of the paper. Which is the easiest and which is the hardest? Why?
- How do you feel when thinking about making peace with someone who has wronged you?
- What costs have you had to pay by not being at peace with someone?
- Is there someone you have hurt or been hurt by that you are avoiding making peace with? Prayerfully consider what a next step could be for you to be a peacemaker in that relationship. If you are willing, please share what you plan to do with the group.