His name Shall Be Called – Week 1November 28, 2021
His Name is “Wonderful Counselor”
Wonderful (Judges 13:17-18, Acts 2:22) –
Counselor (Isaiah 11:1-2, Isaiah 40:13-14, Matthew 13:54, Colossians 2:3, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25) –
Counselor Jesus promises to…
. (Matthew 11:28-30)
. (Psalm 139:13-14)
. (Proverbs 27:6)
. (Luke 4:18)
. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- The Hebrew root word for “wonderful” is pele which is used to describe the miracles God performed in the Exodus (dividing the sea, ensuring safe crossing, leading people through the wilderness, etc.).
- How do you think Jesus’ birth was a miracle?
- Reflect on the past year. What miracles (wonderful things) happened in your life?
- Share about a time you needed or reached out to a good counselor. What made him or her “good”?
- How was your “good counselor” like Jesus?
- Which promise of Counselor Jesus from this week’s message speaks to your heart right now, and why?
- Reach out to someone this week and be like your “wonderful counselor”.
- Invite somebody to join you for worship either in-person or online.
- Finish 2021 well by joining us for a 10 minute devotion at 7am (Monday through Friday) at facebook.com/oslctacoma or anytime at oslc.com/watch.