Generations – Week 5May 30, 2021 / Our Savior Lutheran Church
Generations – Week 5
All Generations Belong
The Spirit draws disciples of Jesus together. (Ac 2:1).
The Spirit raises all to the same level. (Ac 2:3-4).
The Spirit works through us collectively and individually. (Ac 2:5–8)
The Spirit calls us beyond us.(Ac 2:16–21)
What’s my part in all generations belonging?
- 3 truths
- 3 efforts
- Read Acts 2:1-21. Work together as a group to list the things the Spirit does and the groups of people involved. What sticks out as you compare these lists?
- Do you feel like you belong as part of the church? What has happened (and continues to happen) that makes you feel that way?
- How have you experienced belonging from someone of a different generation than you?
- How have you been part of someone else of another generation experiencing belonging?
- We shared 3 efforts we can each make towards all generations belonging. How will you start seeking to make these efforts? Who is the person you have in mind for each?
- Share coffee/meal/serving with someone from another generation at least once every 3 months for the purpose of getting to know them.
- Check in with someone of another generation every two weeks and share prayer requests.
- Tell others why they mattered and why they matter now