Generations – Week 4May 23, 2021 / Our Savior Lutheran Church
Generations – Week 4
“But watch out! Be careful never to forget what you yourself have seen. Do not let these memories escape from your mind as long as you live! And be sure to pass them on to your children and grandchildren. Never forget the day when you stood before the Lord your God at Mount Sinai, where he told me, ‘Summon the people before me, and I will personally instruct them. Then they will learn to fear me as long as they live, and they will teach their children to fear me also.’ (Deuteronomy 4:9-10, NLT)
Thank you, Gerry & Gary Johnson, George Shook, and Diane Zimmermann for sharing today!
Share a story about a conversation with someone of a younger generation you had this past week. What did you learn from them? How did you see Jesus alive in them?
- Read Deuteronomy 4:9-10. What do you hear God saying to you in these verses?
- What is one thing from this week’s message that made you think differently about Jesus, the world, or your life?
- What have you seen God do in your life that you do not want to forget and that you want to make sure to pass onto your children and grandchildren?
- How did listening to and learning from those who shared make you feel?
- Which speaker or story did you most resonate or relate with and why?
- What more do you want to learn from a more seasoned generation about following Jesus today?
- Who from a younger generation can you reach out to and invite into a conversation like we experienced this Sunday?
- Be ready to share a story about the conversation the next time your group meets.