Generations – Week 3May 16, 2021
Generations – Week 3
1 Timothy 4:6-12
If you explain these things to the brothers and sisters, Timothy, you will be a worthy servant of Christ Jesus, one who is nourished by the message of faith and the good teaching you have followed. Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives’ tales. Instead, train yourself to be godly. “Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.” This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it. This is why we work hard and continue to struggle, for our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people and particularly of all believers. Teach these things and insist that everyone learn them. Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. (1 Timothy 4:6-12, NLT)
Thank you, Halle Gass, Hattie Lindow, Jack Privatsky, Luke Zager for sharing today!
- Read 1 Timothy 4:6-12. What do you hear God saying to you in these verses?
- What is one thing from this week’s message that made you think differently about Jesus, the world, or your life?
- What is one thing you learned from the young people who shared this week?
- How did listening to and learning from such a young generation make you feel?
- Which student did you most resonate with or relate to and why?
- What more do you want to learn from a younger generation about following Jesus today?
- Who from a younger generation can you reach out to and invite into a conversation like Pastor Tim and Cary had with Halle, Hattie, Jack, and Luke, this Sunday?
- Be ready to share a story about the conversation the next time your group meets.