Generations – Week 2May 9, 2021
Generations – Week 2
2 Timothy 1:3-7
And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. (Genesis 3:20, ESV)
The essence of motherhood is to .
Training the body has some value. But being godly has value in every way. It promises help for the life you are now living and the life to come. (1 Timothy 4:8, NIRV)
Spiritual Moms… (v. 3-5)
1) help in a confusing time.
2) take to have .
3) encourage people to .
It’s never too early or too late to start. (v. 6-7)
May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace. (Numbers 6:24-26, NLT)
- Read Genesis 3:20. Who is your “Eve”? Share a story about how they gave you life – physically, emotionally, or mentally.
- Read 1 Timothy 4:8. and how did your “Eve” teach, model, or encourage you to spiritually train you for the life you are now living and the life to come?
- If the essence of motherhood is to be a life-giver, how do you think God demonstrates His mom-like character through your baptism experience?
- How does it feel, or do you think it might feel like, not having a mom?
- What do you think would be missing in our lives if we didn’t have spiritual moms?
- How are you currently mom-like to others like God has been mom-like to you?
- Who will you invite to receive the mom-like blessing of God from you, this week?
- Next week, be ready to share what happened when you shared the mom-like blessing of God with somebody, this week.