They’ve Been With Jesus
May 31, 2020 / 2:
They’ve Been with Jesus
Introduction: The Days of our lives. The things we are facing are pre-pandemic. Last week we discovered his eyes are upon us, now He wants us to experience Pentecost and Place our Eyes Upon Him. Acts 1:4-5 There is A Refiners Fire in the Atmosphere. 7-8 God Desires for us to gather and come on one accord in prayer and supplication that we draw near to the light. The Lot has fallen on us
- Bare Witness of the Things We’ve Seen Along The Way
- The Bait of the Last Day Conditions
- It would be easy to preach on things that we see /I rather focus on things we don’t see
- Matthew 24:12-13 NLT 12 Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
- The Enduring Power of God’s Love is what God wants the world to see
- John 13:31-35 NIV 31 When Judas was gone, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man is glorified and God is glorified in him. 32 If God is glorified in him,God will glorify the Son in himself, and will glorify him at once.
33 “My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples if you love one another.”Life makes it hard to love one another
- A Prayer that the Church Will Endure
- Satan is after us all
- Luke 22:31-32 NKJV 31 And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.”
- Jesus Intercession
- John 17:9-17NIV 9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10 All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of[a] your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.
13 “I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one in the world. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
- Re-Orientation of a World Wide Movement 1:4-8
- – a place where we change the focus or goal or emphasis of something. Primarily with one’s own desires, needs, and interests
- You have to do work after you shift your mind. Whatever change that your working on its birth out of something:
- rather it’s a winning season that lifts your life
- trauma that has taken place against your life
- sickness in your life
- job supplies the dreams in your life
- the racism that’s dividing our lives, you have asked the question and define What is success to me now? Reorientation
- New Level of Perspective, Perseverance, Persistence
- 2 Peter 1:10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble
- Perspective: What is your metric to growth. He didn’t design us to just survive, He designed us to have a vision and thrive. You have to work it. Doubt will suffocate your dream, Diligence will manifest it
- Perseverance: Keep going even when things are uncertain and things are changing all around you. TS: I’m Walking With the King! I’m not going to let go.
- Persistence means I’m not going to let go of my vision, my purpose, my destiny
- Persistence- determined to continue in a course of action in spite difficulty or opposition
- Know When To Let Go And When To Hang On vs. 12-13
- Either Make Moves or Make Room for the Moves
- In Order to Manifest the important things you have to learn to do the important things.
- Let go of that demon of doubt and fear.
- Hebrews 12:1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
- We got to get to a point where we can shed
- John 15:16-26 Jesus said Your with Me 6 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.
- The World’s Hatred
18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He who hates Me hates My Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father. 25 But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’
- You Better Know There’s Coming Wind (Acts 2:17)
26 “But when the Comforter comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.
- The Comforter is Coming with a Fire (Acts 2:2-4)
- John 16:8-14ESV 8 And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; 11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
- Living as a New Creature In Christ
- Face Your New Reality: It Is What it Is
- allow God to strip you down to the core. This season the old self got to go. Old way of thinking, bitterness, anger, beef with opposition, Lord Do a New Thing in My Life
- Transition-means a clean brake from sinful patterns. Reorientation with the holy spirit controlling me and not my flesh
- James 1:2-4 NIV – “2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”
- Romans 8:15 NIV – “The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” Whole new citizenship, a new mindset
Romans 8:29 NIV – “For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.”
- You Cant Be Distracted and Have Discernment 17-18
- Revelation must be present in your answer (vs18)
- Have the faith to trust what he told You
- Prophesy- to utter by or (say that specified thing) that has been given by divine inspiration
- What comes from You Should Always Come from Him
- Right Source-God Over It
- Right Substance- God working through it
- Right Season- Gods Glory Rising From It
- Revelation of Your Purpose and the Affirmation of it
- Your Potential is Greater than Your Past
- God is Ready to Use You in this Season vs. 14
- Revelation of Your Position and Authority
- You have been Given Divine Access
- The Spirit is Pouring Out
- Luke 4:18“The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
- Heaven has Your Back (vs. 19-20)
- The Signs are Right Before Us
- Seize the Moment
- 22-32 /31-35
- Lift Up Jesus
- The Goal of the Church is to Establish A Unique Life Time Fellowship
- We Can Make A Difference
- Whosoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved
- What the Church can look like vs.41-42
- Over 3000 received and was baptized
- One Accord
- Consistent in Prayer
- What Happens to Believers when they WORK, WITNESS, WORSHIP
- Signs & Wonders Follow vs. 47
- Unity and Togetherness Bring All Things in Common