The Revelation Pt. 7: Babylon Has Fallen
February 17, 2021 / Revelation 18:2-4
Last 3 1/2 yrs — Full & Complete Manifestation of the Antichrist
Antichrist Moves Head Quarters to Jerusalem Matthew 24: 15, Dan 9:27
Antichrist goes into Temple (set himself as God) Matthew 24:5, Dan 9:27
False Prophet forms statue in the holy of holies Rev. 13:11-15
Israel flee from Jerusalem go into land of Petra Matthew 24:16-20
The Pouring Out of Last Seal Judgment (7 Trumpets) Rev 8:7-18
The message of the Three Angels Revelations 8: 13
Revelation 16 Final Pouring of Vial Judgments
- The concept of Babylon.
- Revelations 16:19 and 14:8 have already declared Babylon’s fall. In Revelation 17 and 18, the fall of Babylon is carefully detailed.
Babylon was a literal city on the Euphrates River. Genesis 11:1-10 shows that right after the flood, Babylon “was the seat of the civilization that expressed organized hostility to God.” (Tenney)
- Babylon was later the capital of the empire that cruelly conquered Judah. “Babylon, to them (the Jews), was the essence of all evil, the embodiment of cruelty, the foe of God’s people, and the lasting type of sin, carnality, lust, and greed.” (Tenney)
- To those familiar with the Old Testament, the name Babylon is associated with organized idolatry, blasphemy, and the persecution of God’s people.
Babylon was present in John’s day (typified by Rome), in our day, and throughout history, as the world system. But under the Antichrist, Babylon (in both its religious and commercial aspects) will have influence over the earth as never before.
This is the unification of all false, idolatrous religion,
Who sits on many waters: Here, Babylon sits on many waters; that is, she presides over many nations (compare with Revelation 17:15). She has a universal, international character.
- The inhabitants of the earth were made drunk: Religious Babylon intoxicates kings and peoples. Karl Marx was partly right when he said, “Religion is the opiate of the masses.” He was partly right because empty religion is the opium of the masses.
- Made drunk with the wine of her fornication: The idea of fornication often has strong associations throughout the Bible with idolatry. Since this is a well-accepted religious system, it is likely to appear as attractive and spiritual, though not necessarily moral.
- Sitting on a scarlet beast: The harlot rides the same beast (seven heads and ten horns) that was previously seen in Revelation 13:1– the Antichrist and his dictatorship.
- “Her position, that of riding the beast, indicates on the one hand that she is supported by the political power of the beast, and on the other that she is in a dominant role and at least outwardly controls and directs the beast.” (Walvoord)
- Her association with blasphemy and the dragon’s beast is clearly seen from God’s perspective. But to the people of the earth, she will look quite religious, and have the “faith” everybody wants.
- “We find in the course of church history that one of the deadliest marks of ecclesiastical corruption is the lust for temporal power.” (Barnhouse) Purple and scarlet were the colors of rulers, whether economic or political.
- MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT: This title is not for literal Babylon; but it’s spiritual (mystery) representation, which is the source (mother) of all idolatry (abominations) and spiritual adultery (harlots).
- This harlot must be larger than anyone branch of a religious institution. She is the embodiment of Satan’s own ecumenical movement – the religion of the world system.
- Our world, strong with the philosophy that it doesn’t matter what you believe as long as you believe, is prepared for the harlot’s seduction. We see the casual disregard for the truth crippling the church today.
- These are of one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast: Whatever their exact identity, their actions are clear. They join with the Antichrist in the war against Christ, in the battle alluded to in the sixth and seventh bowls (Revelation 16:12-21).
- The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits: The harlot presides over peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues. This tells us that the harlot’s influence is worldwide, through her connection to the beast. This will be a truly one-world religion.
- The interpretation of the harlot focuses on her relation to the beast: she is utterly connected to the beast and his government. If this sounds unthinkable, remember that throughout history, religion – not true Christianity – has often been the willing servant and supporter of tyrants.
- The great harlot is judged.
- (16) Antichrist’s allies turn on the great harlot.
- These will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire: This violence probably takes place at the mid-point of the tribulation period. Here, apostate religion discovers the true nature of the beast.
- Ultimately, the Antichrist will not tolerate any worship except of himself: The son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshipped, so that he sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God(2 Thessalonians 2:3-4).
- Burn her with fire: Once his power has been consolidated, the Antichrist no longer needs the help of religious Babylon. He will then work to dismantle and destroy her and her one-world religion.
- This has always been the goal of tyrants – and most politicians – to use religion for their purposes, then discard it.
And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.”
- That great city: In John’s day, there was no doubt which city reigns over the kings of the earth. Rome was the political, economic, and religious center of the world of that time.
- But Babylon– in the sense of the world system – has always been that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.
The question for Christians is, “Does it reign over me? Or am I the citizen of a better city, the Jerusalem above?” (Galatians 4:26)
“When the Lord was here on earth He spoke of the great hatred that ‘the world’ had for Him and His own (John 15:18,19). What is this world but a combination of religion, government, and commerce? In other words, Babylon in all its parts stands for that which Christ called ‘the world.’
“In chapter 18, the context seems to indicate that Babylon here is viewed in its political and economic character rather than its religious aspect.”
- Come out of her: The call to depart from Babylon and the worldliness that it represents is a theme repeated frequently in the Scriptures.
- Depart! Depart! Go out from there, touch no unclean thing; go out from her, be clean, you who bear the vessels of the Lord.(Isaiah 52:11)
- Flee from the midst of Babylon, and every one save his life!(Jeremiah 50:8)
iii. My people, go out of the midst of her! And let everyone deliver himself from the fierce anger of the Lord. (Jeremiah 51:45)
- Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness?(2 Corinthians 6:14)
- And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.(Ephesians 5:11)
- There is a Time that’s Coming
- Revelation19:1-9 What a time its going to be
- This is a time that will be like no other
This is a time where the saints will get together
Im excited about this time fo this is the time where it brings the finally together
2 Timothy 4:7-8 That means the saints of God the People of God who have fought the good fight and have finished the race and kept the faith they are going to get their reward
This is the time where the people of God are able to humble themselves and see his face.
THIS IS WHEN THE CHILDREN OF GOD HAVE MADE IT OVER
All you have to do is get yourself ready now and she was granted to be arrayed in fine linen clean and white..that means holiness and righteousness the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints oh every step becomes holy ground.
He delivers us from our fear, insecurities, and doubt, low self-esteem and worries, scars and wounds, health issues and infirmities, transgressions, we have been delivered from all of that now Hallel
Know God has already invited you to the wedding
Romans 10:13 He said whosoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
You’ve been invited to the wedding. You have to drop some things. The bible says in
Hebrews 12:1 Let us lay aside every weight and sin that so easily besets us
What do I need to lay aside?
Get in your spirit today and look at Babylon in your life. What is my Babylon?
Can the devil really make you do anything?
He puts it in front of us at the right time so that the things in our flesh raises up.
He knows our end, he knows the power that’s in us. Think about it
Satan can’t touch us, he can only entice us to do it ourselves.
Just like he did Eve in the garden he couldn’t make her bite the fruit, he just kept teasing her until she bit it herself.
Satan can’t make you do anything but he will do all he can to deceive you in dishonoring God.
Don’t give up your best and let God do the rest