Facing the Hidden Threat
1 Samuel 18:8-14
The Year of the Shift / Favor of the Shift/ The potential landmines that can prevent the shift
If you have accepted Jesus Christ as Your Savior then you need to know that the enemy will stop at nothing to prevent you from knowing God and living for Jesus Christ. He does this by creating an extreme major conflict across the landscape of life. How do we detect the deadly landmines Satan sets along roadways out in the open fields where we walk and are hidden in locations that you may seldom think of.
Jesus said in John 8:31-32 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
What truth is the Lord Revealing to you about you?
Avoiding tactical errors
Satan uses many of the things we feel are harmless or unavoidable sins-gossip, feelings of unforgiveness, pride, sarcasm to bait us. Then he watches to see how we will react to the situation.
How do I react to situations that challenge my faith and security?
The tactic is foundational to his work of laying landmines across our path
Landmines in his arsenal include such sins as pride, jealousy, and envy, disappointment, unforgiveness, compromise, sexual temptation, fear, and laziness which God calls slothfulness.
It may not be pride that creates havoc in our hearts but it is whatever taunts us to abandon the truth of God in order to follow our selfish desires.
Once exploded any one of these landmines has the ability to and paralyze us and stop us from shifting into the life God has given us to live. They rob us of the very faith, hope, love, and joy that He seeks to build into our lives.
The explosion affects our relationship with God, friends, family members, coworkers, and many others. It damages our personal testimony and if we continue to ignore God’s warning we will get off course, miss His blessing, and experience deep regret.
What landmines have created destruction in my life?
Satan believes if he can corner you and pressure you with his vile suggestions then he knows there is a chance you may self-destruct. He uses extreme tactics to separate you from the light and the love of God.
You do not have to fall victim to Satan’s ploys. You can learn to disarm the enemy’s weapon of warfare. When your life is focused only in one direction-toward God. He will guide you safely across the emotional battlefield. He also will show you how to defuse every potential threat.
1 Corinthians 10:13 13No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.o be successful
Joshua 1:7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.
God has given us every resource we need to be successful
John 8:31-32 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
The one thing that exposes, unearths and disarms any landmine left in the path of a believer is truly God’s Truth. His principles written in His word frees us from sin, shame, and guilt. So how do we uncover and defuse the landmines that have been laid out in our path?
- Realize You are in a spiritual war
- We can fight the enemy but unless we understand the power that has been given unto us through Jesus Christ we will suffer loss
- Saul thought Goliath was a giant, he didn’t realize his ego was in bigger
- The scripture tells us Saul seemed to erupt when David returned from battle and the women greeted him with a song. 1 Samuel 18:7-8
- In his anger and jealousy, Saul:
- Twice through his spear at David trying to pin David to the wall 1o Samuel 18:10-11; 19:1-10
- Put David in position of authority hoping David would fail to lead wisely and thus be discredited 1 Samuel 18:12-15
- Require that David kill 100 Philistines before he would give him his daughter in marriage hoping that David would die while fighting the Philistines 1 Samuel 18:25-29
- Pursued David continually for more than a decade, forcing David to live in exile and move frequently from hiding place to hiding place. 1 Samuel 24:26
- He not pursued David but ordered the murder of those who helped David, even his own son. 1 Samuel 20:30
- Our Error is that we see it as easy to see anger and the violent things ar work in a person like Saul. It is far more difficult to recognize the destructive bombs within us
- Ephesians 4:26,27 In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, ²⁷and do not give the devil a foothold.
- Trust God and know He will help you
- 1 Peter 5:8-9 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. ⁹Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
- There is understanding to be gained at every turn with the Lord
- The Holy Spirit reveals the truth and the Truth is what makes you free
- Saul was blindsided by the enemy because he took his eyes off the awesome relationship God gave him. He actually wanted more, the reality was he was just about to lose everything
- Ephesians 6:10-13 tells us to put the whole armor, but he also admonishes us to pray without ceasing.
- The victory God has for us can only be one on our knees
- Remember you are not alone
- 1 John 2:1-2 1My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father-Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. ²He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
- Advocate: Greek means comforter
- REVELATION IS GREATER THAN FEAR
- Don’t Respond On What You Assume Respond On What You Know
- Perspective- to think about a situation or problem in a wise and reasonable way
- Pessimism- a tendency to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen; a lack of hope or confidence in the future.
- Phobia- an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something
- Nothing passes our lives unless it has passed through the hands of God
- The disciples forgot that Matthew 14:22-31
- Saul forgot that 1 Samuel 18:8
- David Remembered 1Samuel 18:14
- Nonbelievers have a reason to worry. Their names are not in the book.
- Pressure builds, problems come. Storms come, winds blow
- Just remember were not outside, were inside
- Recall the strength, mercy, and goodness of God that Guides you across the minefield
- The soldier on the battlefield knows there are landmines in front , behind, and along each side, but he cannot become paralyzed with fear.
- One way to avoid is by heeding His Directional guidance
- Recognize His Word In Adverse Conditions
- Recall Who You are in Jesus Christ
- What You Receive When You Recognize His Voice
- Confirmation- the action of confirming something or the state of being confirmed.
- Clarity- clearness or lucidity as to perception or understanding; freedom from indistinctness
- Calm- a period or condition of freedom from storms, high winds, or rough activity
- Ephesians 5:15-17 15Be very careful, then, how you live not as unwise but as wise, ^16making the most of every opportunity because the days are evil. ^17Therefore do not be foolish but understand what the LORD’s will is.
- What You Need To Navigate This Season of minefields
- Pray Don’t Panic
- Faith To Believe It’s Possible
- Fortitude To Keep Going
- Focus On Jesus